- About Us
- Recent Activity
- Contact Us
DISTRICT: Mysore; TALUK: Heggaddevanakote
LOCALITY: Mullur (Lat. 11° 51' N; Long. 76° 41' E)
APPROACH: AIRPORT: Bengaluru: RAILWAY STATION: Mysore; BUS STATION: Heggaddevanakote
The main core of the Lakshmikantaswamy temple comprising a garbhagriha and antarala is assignable to the 13th century AD during the Hoysala period. Subsequent additions in the form of a pillared mahamandapa and a mukhamandapa were made later during the rule of the Wodeyars of Mysore around 17th century AD. The temple faces east and the adhisthana of garbhagriha and antarala have conventional mouldings. The wall in the region of garbhagriha and sukanasi (antarala) is treated with lmages of chamaradharani drummers, Tandava Ganapati, Dhanvantari, Kodanda Rama, dancing Sarasvati, Lakshminarayana etc., under patralata canopies, The superstructure in two talas belongs to a later date in brick and stucco with a short neck and a kuta stupi ending in a finial. An Inscription on the dhvajastambha in front of the temple states that it was erected by Chamaraja Wodeyar of Srirangapatna in 1625 AD.